10. You absolutely love the movie, “The Ten Commandments”.
9. You look really, really good in yellow.
8. You just went on a low cholesterol diet and didn’t want to waste all those eggs in the fridge.
7. You figure any Holiday that starts with a “Good Friday” can’t be all bad.
6. You love to bite the heads off chocolate bunnies.
5. It’s a good time to check out your neighborhood church and not be noticed.
4. You have this bunny suit you love to wear, but are too insecure to wear it without a reason.
3. Even though you don’t know what it is, you really like the sound of going to a “Passion Play.”
2. You figured since Jesus went to all THAT trouble to make it to the first Easter, you’d give it a shot.
1. As a Christian you celebrate the resurrection every other day, why not Easter too?
This is a scavenger hunt type game. Hide the items from the Biblical Easter account around the room. Some should be easy to find and some more difficult. Place one on the snack table, one in a card at the table, one one a nametag, one painted on an egg, and so on! Give each person a piece of paper and a pencil, the first goal is to be the first person to locate all the items associated with easter and write their locations on the paper.
Twas the day before Easter and all through the woods,
The bunnies were busy packing their goods.
The eggs were all colored so pretty and bright,
All things were “go” for the big, special night.
The baskets were waiting, all decorated with care,
In hopes that the Bunny soon would be there.
Circle of Chairs
- Enough Easter Eggs for all participants to have 1 egg
- Easter Basket or a bag
Use Easter Eggs to separate your group into teams.
- Determine before your event how many teams you want to have and how many people you want on each team.
Her name was Carol. She was the organist at her church. She was an outstanding musician, but she did something no organist should ever do. She overslept on Easter morning and missed the sunrise service. She was so embarrassed. Of course, the minister and the church forgave her. They teased her about it a little, but it was done lovingly and in good fun.
List of actions, Chairs in a circle, one chair per person.
1. Sit everyone in a chair and then give instructions for participants to follow. Instructions should be related to Easter.
2. If someone is in the chair you move to, just sit on his or her lap. You can stack people three or four high.
GOD couldn’t take the time to bless us today because
we couldn’t take the time to thank Him yesterday?
GOD decided to stop leading us tomorrow because
we didn’t follow Him today?
we never saw another flower bloom because
we grumbled when GOD sent the rain?
My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.
Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.