- hearing the Word taught by our pastors and teachers (Jeremiah 3:15),
- reading the Bible ourselves (Deuteronomy 17:19,
- studying the Scriptures intently (Proverbs 2:1-5), and
- memorizing key passages (Psalm 119:11).
All of these methods are needed for a balanced intake of the Word.
- Pastors are gifted by God and trained to teach the ‘whole counsel of God.’
- Reading the Scripture gives us the overall perspective of divine truth
- Study of a passage or topic enables us to dig more deeply into a particular truth.
- Memorization helps us retain important truths so we can apply them to our lives.”
Source: Jerry Bridges, Pursuit of Holiness, p. 102
Why do we starve ourselves of the Word of God? We never fail to eat if food is readily available. We don’t typically rush into the day without consider the need for nourishment. Yet how do we do this when it comes to spiritual nourishment. We leave our souls starved and weak. No wonder we so easily fall into temptation. Like daily bread, we need to have the intake of God’s word in life.
|Rate This Post by Clicking the Stars :|