When communicating with your youth leaders, try to avoid the following:
- Different words have different meanings. Make your communication idiot proof so that no one can misinterpret it.
- We think we have said everything necessary after a few minutes. Always have a time for questions in order to check communication.
- Beware assigning hidden deeper motives to things.
Hardening of the Categories
- Beware over generalization, all teachers are alike, all _____ are alike, we need to recognize differences in people.
Either / Or Thinking
- Beware of categorizing things into boxes (i.e. “churches are either X or Y.”)
- Like blinders on horses, sometimes we can only see one way to do something. We need examine other possibilities.
- Think before you react. Don’t jump to conclusions.
Misuse of Small Talk
- Do not give information through small talk. It is not an effectivemeans to spread information as it may not be taken seriously
Misuse of Labels
- Labels are dangerous as they have a connotation of permanence and of being true 100% of the time. Neither is true.
Misuse of “And”
- Beware adding responsibilities.. please do X
- Y. “Additional”
- responsibilities “multiply” the work.
Get Help on Your Youth Sermons
Creative Sermon Ideas
This 100 Page e-Book Includes All The Help You Need To Prepare Powerful, Life-Changing Youth Sermons That Will Turn Your Preaching Around And Make Your Youth Sit Up And Listen! Includes 7 Complete Sermons.
–> I want More Youth Sermon Ideas…
|Rate This Post by Clicking the Stars :|