Have the group form a circle holding hands. Say, I am going to name some situations. I want you to pray silently for the persons on your left and right as if the situation were true. What/ how would you pray?
NOTE: Create your own and use discretion as not all options may be appropriate for all groups of youth.
1. Imagine you are holding the hand of someone who is sick.
2. Imagine you are praying with someone who is homeless.
3. Imagine you are praying with the President / Prime Minister.
4. Imagine that you are holding the hand of someone who is dying.
5. Imagine that you are holding the hand of a female friend who has gotten pregnant or of a guy who has just gotten a girl pregnant.
6. Imagine you are holding the hand of a convicted murderer.
7. Imagine you are holding the hand of a person with AIDS.
8. Imagine you are holding the hand of Jesus.
Debrief this prayer time by asking:
1. What did you learn about yourself during our adventure prayer?
2. What made you uncomfortable?
3. What did you learn about prayer?
4. How can you use these ideas to make you personal prayer time more meaningful?
MORE IDEAS? See “Creative Object Lessons”
200 page e-book that explains everything you need to know when planning your very own object lessons. It contains 90 fully developed object lesson ideas and another 200 object lesson starter ideas based on Biblical idioms and Names / Descriptions of God.
|Rate This Post by Clicking the Stars :|