Sometimes it is difficult to find ideas for sermon topics that will interest your youth and have them sit up in their seats and intently listen. One of our responsibilities as youth ministers (or youth pastors) and teachers of God’s Word is to help translate the timeless truths of God into the context of today’s youth. To do this, you need to know the questions your youth are asking. One way to do this is to simply ask your youth to anonymously write down some of the questions they have about God and spiritual matters. You are sure to get lots of ideas from your youth.
Sample Questions for Youth
- What are some of the questions you have about God as a youth?
- What are some of the struggles that youth today have in living for God?
- What is difficult for you in your Christian walk?
- What is one question you would like to ask God?
- What are some the things in the Bible that you find difficult to understand?
- What are some of your doubts about Christianity?
These are just a few sample questions you might ask. Make it simple. I’d recommend you don’t ask them all at once. Just ask one new question every couple of months and you’ll have lots of Ideas for your youth sermons as well as some great ideas for youth Bible Studies.
WHY NOT add some questions of your own to the comments. If you are a youth, let us know some of YOUR questions. If you work with youth, what are some other questions you might want to ask. Please add them to the comments at the end of this post. I’d love to hear your ideas. ~Ken
Here are some of the questions my church youth were asking:
- How can I prove God exists now? That he is real? (THIS ONE WAS THE MOST COMMON in my youth)
- What should I do when I am discouraged because prayer is not answered the way I expect?
- What happened to 1st century Christian’s miracles? Why don’t they happen today?
- How do I deal with temptation?
- What does it mean if I don’t feel God?
- What do I do about bad habits I am unable to give up?
- I seem to get stumbled more by Christians. Why is that?
- What do I do if media, peers, and laziness hinder my Christian life?
- What are the sins the Bible says can’t be forgiven?
- Will God forgive unforgivable sins?
- Is the tribulation scary for Christians?
- Will I really be happy in heaven?
- How do I know that I have really accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior?
- How do I know that I am going to heaven for sure?
- How do we know that if we accept Christ we will get to heaven? Don’t other religions also say the same?
- How come even though I prayed about it I cannot draw nearer to God?
- How do I know that “God” is the god we are talking about?
- How come the Bible Study Guide “Experiencing God” never worked for me?
- When will I truly know that this is a work of God?
- Why is life unfair?
- Why isn’t God there in my worst periods of time?
- What do I do about distractions in life?
- Why is being a Christian so hard?
- We do Christians seem so obedient?
- It’s not cool to be a Christian. What if I don’t fell like being a Christian?
Looking over this list, you might find some ideas for your youth sermons. But it would be even better if you ask your own youth. Why not do that this week!
With YOUth on my heart,
And, if you are looking for some other ways to bring your youth sermons to live, why not check out the latest ebook from Creative Youth Ideas – Creative Sermon Ideas!
Get Help on Your Youth Sermons
Creative Sermon Ideas
This 100 Page e-Book Includes All The Help You Need To Prepare Powerful, Life-Changing Youth Sermons That Will Turn Your Preaching Around And Make Your Youth Sit Up And Listen! Includes 7 Complete Sermons.
–> I want More Youth Sermon Ideas…
|Rate This Post by Clicking the Stars :|