As a youth, we need to ask God for:
- A LEARNER’S HEART
- Learn for God’s glory, your edification, and the furtherance of the Gospel.
- To know, knowledge are used at least 51 times in Proverbs.
- Weigh all learning through the knowledge of Jesus Christ (II Peter 3:18).
- AN UNDERSTANDING HEART – 65 times in Proverbs
- To be able to interpret what you learn (above) in God’s perspective (Proverbs 2:10,11).
- To be able to understand yourself first (Proverbs 4:7-9) and then others.
- AN HONEST, TRANSPARENT HEART
- What you can’t understand (above), share with the person giving you the real or imagined problem (Matthew 5:23,24).
- A PURE HEART
- In an increasingly amoral world we must flee youthful lusts (II Timothy 2:22).
- Young men and women overcome by letting God’s Word live within (I John 2:14).
- Don’t be a loner – go out two by two (Mark 6:7).
- A DISCRETIONARY HEART – in Word and in Deed
- To know the difference between that which unnecessarily offends and the inoffensive (Proverbs 2:11).
- Lord, help me not to be a stumbling block to younger Christians (I Corinthians 8).
- A RESPECTFUL HEART
- You may not agree with or understand someone, but respect him for his work’s sake (I Thessalonians 5:12).
- Notice in I Timothy 5:1,2 the intricate relationships that young Timothy must observe.
- A DISCIPLINED HEART
- One that chooses against oneself in all matters great or small (Luke 9:23). What you are will be your message (II Corinthians 3:2,3):
- A SERVANT’S ALERT HEART
- Become a load-lifter. Anticipate what would be helpful and then do it. Study the greatest servant in all of history, Jesus Christ (Mark 10:42-45).
- A COMMUNICATING HEART
- This is the counterbalance to merely “being a good example.” Communicate by word, the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Acts uses words like witness, teach, tell, proclaim, etc., 113 times or an average of four per chapter.
- Your personal testimony, backed by God’s Word are your greatest weapons (Revelation 12:11).
- A PRAISING, THANKFUL HEART
- If you learn this through loneliness, problems, misunderstandings – you will be A-OK with God.
- In everything give thanks (I Thessalonians 5:18; Ephesians 5:20; Hebrews 13:15):
Get Help on Your Youth Sermons
Creative Sermon Ideas
This 100 Page e-Book Includes All The Help You Need To Prepare Powerful, Life-Changing Youth Sermons That Will Turn Your Preaching Around And Make Your Youth Sit Up And Listen! Includes 7 Complete Sermons.
–> I want More Youth Sermon Ideas…
|Rate This Post by Clicking the Stars :|