God, who created moms, has a very high regard for motherhood. He even compares His love for His children to the nursing mother’s love for her own child. As Christians, we are called to reverence our moms and to honor them accordingly. “Success as a family, as a society depends not on what happens at the White House, but on what happens inside your house.” Barbara Bush, 1990.
What does the Bible teach about Mothers?
- It has been said, “The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.” Read Proverbs 14:1 and discuss the influence of mothers.
What influence has your mother played in your own life?
- In Proverbs 31:10-12, it says “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.”
How she your mother blessed you by being the woman described in this passage.
- Proverbs 31:26-31 says “She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many woman do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive , and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.”
What are some precious instructions for life you learned from your mother?
- “As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.” (Isaiah 66:13)
In what ways has the comfort of your mother taught you about the comfort of God?
- In what ways is a mother described in these verses: Exodus 2:1-10; 2 Kings 4:19-37; Luke 7:12-15; Luke 2:51
How has your mother shown these qualities?
- Read Proverbs 31:10-31, Matthew 6:24-34, Titus 2:4-5, 1 Peter 3:1-4
What does the Word of God say about working mothers at home and working mothers at work? When is working a complement to motherhood, and when does it crowd it out because of materialism?
- How does God feel about single mothers and how does He help them? How can we help, encourage, and comfort single mothers who are struggling?
(See Exodus 22:22-24, Deuteronomy 10:18, 14:29, 24:19-21, 26:12, Ruth 4:10, Psalm 16:7-11, 68:5, 146:9, Proverbs 15:25, Isaiah 1:17, 41:10, 53:3-6, Jeremiah 29:11-13, Mark 12:42-43, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
- What word do we find for moms & dads as parents in Proverbs 13:24 and Proverbs 29:15-17?
Why is this significant?
- Read Galatians 4:4-7, Ephesians 1:15-20, 3:14-21
In what ways are we blessed, who belong to Him who was born of a woman?
- Based on what we have learned, What is our responsibility toward our moms?
(See Exodus 20:12, Leviticus 19:3, Proverbs 1:7-8; Ephesians 6:2; Deuteronomy 21:18,19; Genesis 32:11; John 19:25-27)
Games and Activities in Celebration of common Holidays.
Creative Holiday Ideas has over 300 pages of ideas to help you plan not only your next Mother’s Day event, but also other common holidays. If you’ve ever wondered what you’re going to do for the holidays and how you’re going to do it, this resource is for you.
|Rate This Post by Clicking the Stars :|