Choose several events from the Easter story to be acted out by participants. Using these scenes, play a
game of charades.
Have participants re-enact the scenes in friezes–or stop-action scenes.
Have the participants set up the scenes in the order that they happened. Take pictures of each pose.
List of events and scripture references
- Jesus and the twelve disciples come into Jerusalem from Bethany, to partake of the Passover meal. (Mark 14.12-16)
- Jesus was arrested in the Garden of Gethsemane (Mark 14:43-52)
- Jesus’ brought before Annas (John 18:12-14)
- Jesus before the Jewish Leaders (Mark 14:53-65)
- Jesus before Sanhedrin (Mark 15:1a)
- Jesus before Pilate (Mark 15: 1b-5)
- Jesus before Herod (Luke 23:6-12)
- Pilate releases a prisoner (Mark 15:6-15)
- Jesus survived painful beating, whipping, and mocking (Mark 15:16-20)
- Pilate handed Jesus over to be crucified (Mark 15:6-15)
- Jesus was mocked by the soldiers as they dressed Him in a purple robe and a crown of thorns (John 19:1-3)
- Jesus was crucified on Golgatha, which means the Place of the Skull (Mark 15:22)
- The sky turned dark for three hours (Mark 15:33)
- Jesus cried, “Father! Into your hands I commit my spirit!” and He died (Luke 23:46)
- Pilate’s sealing and guarding the tomb (Mt.27:62-66)
- Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, Salome, Joanna and other women start for the tomb (Mt.28:1, Lk.23:55-24:1)
- The earthquake, the stone rolled away by the angel, the open tomb, and the terror of the Roman guards (Mt.28:2-4)
- The report of the guards to the chief priests (Mt.28:5-6)
- The chief priests’ bribe to the Roman guards (Mt.28:12-13)
- The Roman guards spread the lie that Christ’s body was stolen (Mt.28:15)
- The women see the open tomb, and the message of the angels (Mt.28:2-7, Lk.24:2-8, M.16:3-8, Jn.20:1-2)
- The recovery of the grave clothes by Peter and John (Jn.20:3-8)
- Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene (Jn.20:11-18, Mk.16:9)
- Jesus Appears to women returning from the tomb (Mt.28:8-10)
- Jesus Appears toPeter later in the day (Lk.24:34, 1Cor.15:5)
- Jesus Appears to the Two Emmaus disciples (Lk.24:13-33)
- Jesus Appears to the 10 Apostles in Jerusalem, on Easter Sunday, with Thomas absent (Lk.24:36-43, Jn.20:19-24)
- Jesus Appears to the 11 Apostles in Jerusalem, one week later, with Thomas present (Jn.20:26-29)
- Jesus Appears to seven Apostles, by the Lake of Tiberias, in Galilee (Jn.21:1-23)
- Jesus Appears to 500 brothers and sisters on a Galilean mountain (1Cor.15:6)
- Jesus Appears to Jesus Appears to James (1Cor.15:7)
- Jesus Appears to the Eleven in Galilee (Mt.28:16-20, Mk.16:14-20, Lk.24:33-53, Act.1:3-12)
- The Ascension (Act.1:3-12)
Games and Activities in celebration of Easter.
Get more than 80 creative ideas for planning a Youth Easter celebration or Easter Party. You can immediately download my best Easter Icebreakers, games, illustrations, Easter activity ideas AND MUCH MORE in a useful ebook!
|Rate This Post by Clicking the Stars :|