With October comes Halloween. While there is often debate as to whether we as Christians should participate in a holiday with pagan roots, others use this as an opportunity to provide Christian alternatives like a fall festival, a harvest festival or a carnival. You can read more about the debate here:
A Christian Response to Halloween?
But rather than debate the issue, I am going to provide some things that could be done as part of a Christian alternative either as a family or as a church or youth group. (For the rest of you, many of the ideas involving pumpkins and other things could also be used at Thanksgiving or any time during the year for that matter.) And many of them are VERY evangelistic in nature!
Games where you can dress Up!
- Hollywood Squares Game
- Noah’s Ark Party
- And here’s a lesson on the Masks we wear!
- And a Halloween Costume themed object lesson on Fear – Fear Factors
- Using the pumpkin as a metaphor for a Christian – The Pumpkin
- Games using Pumpkins – Pumpkin Bowling
- Here’s an Object Lesson / Children’s sermon using a Pumpkin – Like A Halloween Pumpkin
- One of those “gross” themed games using pumpkins with several possible Christian Applications – Pass the Brains
- A game using pumpkin seeds that could be used to teach about Wholesome speech or Christian Goals – Pumpkin Seed Toss
- A specially carved pumpkin and poem to share the plan of Salvation – Jack-O-Lantern
- A Children’s sermon on being the person God created you to be – Perky the orange Pumpkin
- A children’s sermon or Object Lesson on being the light of the World – Peter Pumpkin
- An object lesson or Children’s sermon on prayer – Pumpkin prayer
- Use this puzzle game to teach about the destructiveness of sin and Christ’s payment for sin on the cross- Pumpkin Puzzles
Games using Halloween Candy
- Use different Colored Candy to share the plan of salvation – Candy Relay
- Use this game of “Trick or Treat” to talk about the deceitfulness of Sin and Man’s fall in the garden – Trick or Treat Relay
- A game that leads to a discussion on using your gifts for God and Sharing Salvation with others – Candy
- An object lesson or Children’s sermon on appearances vs. having a right heart before God – Cupcake Faith
Halloween Related Humor
Looking for some fun icebreakers for your Halloween alternative? Find out how you can get 52 of my best icebreakers of all time! (That’s a full year of icebreakers – one a week!) They even lead into lessons on youth related issues! Visit www.CreativeIcebreakers.com today!
Games and Activities in Celebration of common Holidays.
Creative Holiday Ideas has over 300 pages of ideas to help you plan your next New Year’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Halloween or Fall Festival, and Thanksgiving event. If you’ve ever wondered what you’re going to do for all these holidays and how you’re going to do it, this resource is for you.
|Rate This Post by Clicking the Stars :|